Sunday, February 8, 2009

2/8/09

My back-up dog Sammy isn't the most aggressive or physically fit of the two animals, so when KD wanted to go walk the dogs with me tonight, he took Sammy and I took Bella. Sammy is a bit chunky and ... well frankly he waddles a bit. So I thought they would make a great pair for a walk. It was only a few blocks. Not even a half a mile.

It was brave of him to even risk coming with us. He did make it the whole way too. But he slowed down about 1/3 of the way from home. And when we got home he had to rest. Still, it was a good effort. (He'll be sore tomorrow, I bet.)

Not much else exciting on a sluggish Sunday. My sister brought a box of delicious goodies from Fresh Market to help fatten him up. While she was here, Ezra got to play with his sick 'Auntie' KD. And of course they're on the level with humor so KD had Ezra laughing so hard he was drooling. Which is cute when you're two. I've found that drooling while laughing as an adult isn't quite as cute.

He's still having drive-by headaches because of the lumbar puncture. They rush up and throb all up and down his head and neck for less than a minute, then leave randomly. And his hearing is muffled sometimes as well. He's due for another lumbar puncture at the beginning of March, and then the chemo cycle that lasts the full month of April really sucks because he'll have one every week. Not fun at all.

Oh gosh, now that he's feeling much better, he's returning to his old self. But with time on his hands, he's T-R-O-U-B-L-E. If anyone wants to babysit him or entertain him, please let him know. If he was quiet for a while, I used to assume he was asleep. Now I actually go and check to see what he's getting into :-)

No comments: