Thursday, February 26, 2009

2/26/09

Take away the right to say "fuck" and you take away the right to say "fuck the government."  --Lenny Bruce

Ah ha ha! Freedom of the press! I will not be silenced! :-)

KD took the opportunity to get out of the house while I was distracted today (I swear I am not keeping him prisoner!). He stopped by his work and got teased by all of his co-workers which I'm sure he missed. The teasing I mean. How else do you explain it? I know for a fact he loves starting arguments with people just to tick them off. Everyone at Invivo has probably been saving all of their bald, cancer, and sick person jokes just for when he next showed his face there.

My above hissy fit about censorship is that KD discovered there are actually people that read this blog (I am still uncertain). He ordered (ORDERED!) me to watch what I put here. Ha ha ha! He should know better by now. Fourteen years with a stubborn redhead should have taught him that issuing orders only fuels the fire :-)

So I am selling secrets and embarrassing stories about him. The more money you offer, the deeper and darker the secret ... bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Okay, okay, I won't kick the guy while he's down. (I prefer cash, by the way.) And he was really down after getting home. He couldn't have been gone all that long, but he got back and crawled into bed for a two hour nap to regain his strength. It must be frustrating to do something that you once considered slacking off, only to find it exhausting now. As long as he mooches around the house, he feels normal, but one trip to the store and his mortality comes rushing back into the picture.

Tomorrow is the last day of this cycle of chemo. The next cycle should start next week. Pretty much the same as this last one. So two weeks of daily shots which make him nauseous for several hours afterwards. And he'll be tired from it all too. Then two weeks of twice-weekly chemo again.

I am going to make sure to ask his PA tomorrow about drinking. Not that he wants to go out and get trashed listening to live metal music. But a social pint of beer or glass of wine shouldn't be too strange, right? There's a handful of birthdays coming up (Samba turning 37? Ashley turning 20? Sean turning *doh* i won't say it!). He actually has a social calendar to attend to this March, even if he can only make a half-hour appearance at any event.

Anyway, drunk or sober, he still manages to break things and do damage to the house. Ask him about the Coffee Incident. That's a good one :-P

Seriously .. make me an offer. I have a collection of blackmail-worthy info about KD. And I could use the cash to feed my shoe shopping needs...

No comments: