Sunday, February 15, 2009

2/15/09

We had a family lunch at a restaurant (that shall remain nameless since I don't care for the food much at all), and KD was feeling well and decided to go. This was the first real outing since he was diagnosed. He was self conscious about his lack of hair and went mental about wearing his hat inside while eating or wondered if that would appear rude. He straight out refused to wear a mask but I won't tell the nurses, I swear!

These last few days have been "eating days" where he just can't seem to get enough. After finishing his lunch (and this place does bottomless salads and bread sticks) he was still hungry. I was afraid he would sneak the rest of the kids' food while they were playing under the tables. He even did coffee and cheesecake for dessert. 

Hopefully he's got enough reserves for this coming two weeks of chemo since he switches from daily shots, to IV drip of Vincristine (weekly) and L-Asparaginase injections (twice weekly). By nature, the chemo should make him kind of yucky sick because the cancer cells are dying off by the thousands which increase toxicity in his blood as they all need to get purged.

The great car/driving debate rages on and I may have to remove his alternator or something drastic to keep him off the road, the crazy guy! This is the guy who routinely accuses walls and furniture of leaping out and attacking him. I can't imagine what it would be like to have him behind the wheel of a car (granted it's just a lousy PT Cruiser that gets up to 60 miles an hour inside of five minutes if the wind isn't blowing hard). Har-dee-har-har .. I slay me!

On that note:
I went to a bookstore and asked the sales woman,"Where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.

No comments: