Thursday, February 19, 2009

2/19/09

Another quiet day of KD sleeping a lot. He was still in bed when I left for work, and not long after I got home he went down for a nap. Even now he's sitting in the living room like a zombie, half-asleep and cuddling one of the cats.

I was not a witness but the big excitement for the day was that he got to drive for the first time in about 8 weeks. He took his car out to La Crosse to see his dad briefly. Or so I hear. He may have been drag racing up and down I-75 for all I know (doubt it because he drive a PT Cruiser haha). It must have worn him out because, well, see above. He's been asleep since he got back pretty much.

We get to go in to the clinic Friday for another shot of L-Asparaginase (no I still can't spell it; still have to look it up). This is the one making him tired. He'll probably be a zombie most of the weekend. Then back to Shands on Tuesday for more L-Asparaginase and a Vincristine drip. But this is the easy part. The whole cycle starts again at the beginning of March with the lumbar puncture, then two weeks of daily shots, etc etc etc. Very glamorous lifestyle, eh?

No comments: