Sunday, February 22, 2009

2/22/09

Pancakes! It's got to be the best way to wake up in the morning.  KD rolled out of bed in time to be stuffed full of pancakes, and then he sat there for an hour trying not to fall back asleep with the Sunday paper. I've figured out that the only way to keep him from bouncing off the walls is to keep him full of food. (I am still having images of a fat boa constrictor laying in the sun, digesting.)

He was so happy to be allowed to drive himself to the pharmacy to pick up his medication today. And he got to drive my car which actually goes fast when you step on the gas (new high-performance tires too!), instead of his car which ... doesn't.

Except for his antibiotics pill which he takes only on the weekends, he's only taking Valtrex ... yes I know. I Googled it to and was surprised to find out it's usually used to treat herpes. Yoinks! But with a little digging I found it's also used with leukemia because it's an anti-viral. It can't stop you from getting a virus, but if you get one, it stops it from replicating itself and taking over your body. Very handy when you don't have a functioning immune system.

He's taken to pacing up and down the hall and also bouncing in place because he need exercise. The nurses say he's not to get any serious exercise. He was delighted to find out they approve of his recumbent stationary bicycle though, and he wants to go over to his apartment to get it at the soonest possible moment.  (Anything to stop him from standing behind me and bouncing while I'm on the computer! I think I'd get away with murder due to temporary insanity for that. No jury would convict me!)

Okay .. I'm back... I wanted to close with a joke because it's Sunday and I hate Sundays. But I got stuck reading lawyer jokes and laughing my arse off. If you want to do that, you can Google lawyer jokes. You don't need my help. Instead, I love this Rumi quote...

“All day I think about it, then at night I say it. Where did I come from, and what am I supposed to be doing? I have no idea. My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”

No comments: