Saturday, February 14, 2009

2/14/09

KD is having a hard time adjusting to having no hair. I've discovered that it's very karmic though. For years he was evil about touching an ice cold bottle of beer to the back of my neck and laughing when I screamed. Now I can put my ice cold just-washed hands on his bald head and make him scream. I like this kind of karma... does that make me a terrible person?  :-) 

I have to have some fun at his expense since he's full of energy and getting into trouble lately. We even had an argument about whether he was allowed to drive or not. They say on all the paperwork that he needs the doctor's permission to start driving again, but he claims that they never told him NOT to drive so he should be allowed to. I am going to hide his keys so it's never an issue. 

It's almost easy to forget that he's got cancer some days. I'm used to the bald thing now. He looks healthier and his color is back to normal. And then he moves his arm and the ports of his PICC line rattle out from under his shirt sleeve, and I am reminded he's got this surgical tubing going into his arm and through his shoulder into his chest because he's got to be jabbed by needles all the time. It's almost like hearing the news all over again when I get reminded suddenly like that.

No comments: