Sunday, March 1, 2009

3/1/09

Wow, did I not post anything yesterday? Could that be because I actually have a life beyond KD and work? Not possible! (Okay so I got home way after the witching hour when my carriage turned back into a pumpkin, and was not in the mood to type ... and no I was not drunk whatever the tabloids say!)

Saturday and Sunday were typically busy for me and dull for KD. Since his immune system has been almost zero, I have to really keep up on the housekeeping. Lots of laundry, which was hard to do in the windy weather these last few days. I thought some of the sheets were going to end up on a neighbor's roof. 

And being back on his neutropenic deit (this is the one restricting him from fresh fruits and veggies, etc), he's been sulking and grumpy. "Well, what CAN I eat?" is a common pouty question I get from him. So I'm back to cooking more of his meals again. Never mind he just had a gorgeous meal of pasta with spinach, and cheesecake and ice cream for dessert. He still acts like it's bread and water rations.

He did get out this afternoon and visit Joey where he was indoctrinated into the cult of Guitar Hero .. or was it Rock Band? His leg is sore from playing the "drum" haha ... so all of you real drummers out there, feel free to mock him for that. Trust me, he likes it :-)

Tomorrow (Monday) is probably an all-day trip to Shands. It's the start of the new chemo cycle, and we'll hopefully have a few more answers about that sudden drop in his immune system. The results of the bone marrow biopsy will take until later in the week. I suspect they'll schedule a lumbar puncture though regardless since he's due for one. At any rate, it'll be nice to have a rough sketch of what this month will look like for treatment.

Anyway, let's call it a night, okay? I have coffee flavored ice cream in the freezer and a box of Girl Scout cookie calling me. Don't get me wrong. I like y'all. But I LOVE ice cream and Girl Scout cookies. There's just no competition :-)  Mwah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soooo...are they made with real Girl Scouts?? :D