Friday, January 30, 2009

1/30/09

Today the house was ghostly quiet, interrupted only by the random and sedated sounds of KD snoring. He was up and around long enough to eat breakfast, then back to bed. I could only inspire him to get up for dinner by making a pizza (I don't mean I made a real pizza... I am not that adventurous.. I mean I put a frozen pizza in the oven).

Apparently the chemo he had on Tuesday kicked in with a few symptoms today including sleepiness, dizziness, and a tingling sensation in the fingertips. After reading the other symptoms he could have also been suffering, these aren't so bad. Some of the warnings read like scenes from a horror novel, just shy of projectile vomiting and speaking in tongues. So a little sleep and tinglies aren't so bad.

We are slowly plowing through the pile of DVDs we've been lent. And there is a stack of books and magazines next to his bed that is developing its own gravitational field. And then there's the laptop plugging him into the entire internet. So he's got tons to do. Unfortunately he can't stay awake to do it all.

I've left him dozing in his chair with a mug of hot cocoa and the newest issue of National Geographic (with an awesome, gruesome article about Sicilian mummies). Hopefully he feels better tomorrow.

No comments: