Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/18/09

I suppose Valentine's Day is coming soon because I found the whole BMTU ward decorated with hearts today when I came in. (hint! hint! to all of you guys out there with significant others... don't say you weren't warned that you have less than a month to come up with something terribly cute or romantic)

Anyhow, Sunday seems to be the slow day in the hospital where everything is an hour behind. Breakfast usually arrives at the crack of seven-thirty (who can eat that early?), but poor KD had to wait on his hospital pancakes until after eight. It's good that he's this hungry again after yesterday's icky-belly.

Still having lots of headaches from the lumbar puncture (eeeeewwwww). And he gets out of breath and worn out from walking up the hall to get his lunch from the communal 'fridge. Although I have to say he's getting quite skilled at rolling his IV pole all over the place. He's hooked back up to that thing to get fluids for a while (and I suspect the nurses like knowing where he's at).

I don't remember if it's Monday or Tuesday, but in the next few days he's due for more chemo. Sill no hair loss, but he does have pretty funky bed-hair some days :-)

Phone calls are still awesome. And visits too. I've never seen someone so interested in news about the weather. He's jonsing for the smell of real air. Complete reality-withdrawal at this point. Any help you can be in keeping him sane is greatly appreciated. If he had more energy, I'm fairly certain he would have made an escape attempt by now. 

No comments: