Thursday, January 29, 2009

1/29/09

Some days the boy is not hungry, and some days the boy is HUNGRY! Today was an eat-everything-in-sight day. Especially bananas, although I promise I am not making any connection between his bald head and a monkey. That is all an assumption on your part :-)

It seems like the problem with the extended leave disability payment was something KD got his wires crossed on. The Family Medical Leave Act covers one range of legal requirements, and the disability payment insurance offered by Invivo covers a different range of time. So I think it's going to get sorted out somehow. Like I told him, only worry about the big ass problems. This other stuff will work itself out.

And the other good news is that with many false starts, we've finally got him a laptop that works. I'm sure if he hasn't been bothering you by email or on MySpace/Facebook, you'll soon see him out in cyberspace proving to everyone that he's still alive and kicking.

God! And is he kicking. He must be feeling better because on no fewer than three occasions today I had to hold back from slapping him. He's back to his old ornery, cantankerous self. You should have heard how much he complained when I gave him a red paper bag for his lunch at the hospital today. You would think I asked him to wear a black leotard (a la Justin Timberlake/SNL, eeew). 

Anyhow, I've got him home now until Monday when he goes in for another bone marrow biopsy. And the rumor is that on Tuesday they're starting the next cycle of chemo. So next week he'll be not feeling so well again. At least he gets to watch the Super Bowl in some semi-normal state, albeit without his magical, infamous hair on. :-)

He's back emailing so if you want to get him directly, he's at kdism2@yahoo.com or of course Facebook and MySpace. Please someone call and entertain him! He's going to drive me nutty!

No comments: