Monday, April 27, 2009

4/27/09

Tuesday is possibly the last lumbar puncture for a while for KD. Fingers crossed! Last week he was told he's got some scar tissue now so it's a little difficult to do the spinal tap quickly. Yucky yucky yucky. I know I'm supposed to be supportive and nurturing here but I still can't even think about this. 

We'll also be finding out about the rest of this chemo cycle which goes on for eight more weeks. From the paperwork they gave us, it looked like it was supposed to be relatively easy. But he said they said something about it being difficult. Of course, he was so wacked out on Ativan last time that they could have raced him all over the hospital in a wheelchair and he wouldn't have noticed a thing. 

So that is why I am going to talk to the nurses and the PA tomorrow to get the real info on his next few weeks. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, yes... in the mean time my apologies for taking so long to post! I know! Rotten old me. See, I'm a little cranky. I've got a stomach ulcer and have quit coffee for a short (VERY SHORT!) period of time in order to help get that under control.

Cranky doesn't describe it. Seen those pictures of wet cats? The look of irrational, primal blood lust in their eyes? That's been me for the last few days. Between headaches and spontaneous naps, of course. 

Do not fear though. I have not taken out my mood swings, headaches, fatigue, or general lunacy on KD. He's been living in his chair quite peacefully, switching between mooching around online and watching endless movies. I took him out to eat tonight (and good lord did he eat!) because he's usually kind of icky-tummy for a few days after a lumbar puncture and probably won't feel up to it. He is complaining about getting a bit heavy around the middle actually. Which is great if you think about it. (I'd take a picture and post it, but he keeps the cameras out of my reach for some crazy reason.)

No comments: